Friday, June 12, 2009

Willa, Day 2

I think I'd better post as many pictures now before Daddy goes back to work! :)

This is one of my favorites, I think Violet just looks so incredibly happy!
And these two were taken at the hospital today before we headed home:

Violet got her own new baby with all the fixin's to take to the hospital with her. She INSISTED that we put Willa in the Moses Basket meant for her doll. Daddy complied. She barely fit.
We're home and things are going well and getting settled in. We brought up the totes of girl clothes from Violet which is still just WILD to me as I thought for sure she was a "he"! Of course they were born in totally opposite seasons so we'll still have to do some shopping (darn) but there are few things that I loved that will work. Hurray!

And two things I forgot to add yesterday. First, extra-special thanks to my doula Uli and my midwife Amy who were absolutely AWESOME during Willa's birth. I really couldn't have done it without them!

Second, Willa is named after two amazing ladies: Jon's grandma (Oma) who passed away a few weeks ago was Wilhelmina, which we decided to just shorten to Willa since that's what we would call her anyway. And my grandma Virginia Mae who is one of my favorite people and my inspiration for so many things! Willa Mae has a lot to live up to, but I think she can do it! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment