Thursday, June 11, 2009

Welcome to the World, Willa!


Willa Mae arrived at 2:29am on June 11, 2009
She has a little bit of blonde hair and gets cuter by the minute!

My labor and delivery were pretty good! I went in for my usual appointment on the evening of June 10th and my blood pressure was high. Along with being 4 day overdue, they decided that it would be best to induce me. I was a little worried because I had planned on having a natural childbirth and I know pitocin is not a NCBers friend! Luckily they were able to break my water when we got to the hospital, and I went into labor naturally. We got to the hospital at 10pm and by 2:30 she was born. Not bad! I am pretty proud of myself for having a (planned, this time) drug-free birth. It was pretty incredible - and we were both incredibly shocked as I was SURE this was a boy the entire time!
Violet is in LOOOVE with her new little sister! She loves to pet her head and poke her in the eye. Sibling rivalry has begun already! Unfortunately Violet learned "poke" just a few weeks ago and has, indeed, been trying it out on Willa. So far Willa has proven to be a tolerant little sister.


Here are the three Josten boys with the two Josten girls (or 3 if you count Violet's new baby doll!)
I'm off to take a nap. More to come I'm sure!

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on your beautiful baby girl. Violet looks so happy to be a big sister.

    ReplyDelete