Saturday, January 15, 2011

Winter Fun!

Snowman time! I built this thing in 2 minutes flat... it was perfect snowman snow! Here you can see Willa grabbing for the carrot nose - she couldn't figure out why we had to stick it in the giant snowballs!
Trying to make a snow angel!
All bundled up!
Winter also means it's STOCK SHOW SEASON! We made our annual trip downtown to watch the Stock Show Parade.
Willa really loved it! Of course my kids are required to love parades :)Long horns!
In other news, Violet has been doing such a great job drawing lately and it has been SO fun to watch! She is now drawing little scenes instead of floating people - this is one of my favorites. Please note that what might look like EARS on the side of this person's head are actually SLEEVES.
And here, obviously, is a camel.
Speaking of Violet, she is going through a band-aid phase. She had an owie on her lip and insisted on this one:
I have been taking the month off from sewing for my business so I can get some projects done around the house AND sew some new things that I haven't tried before. I got a great skirt pattern and made this for Willa - you can also see an outfit I made for Violet in the first snowman picture. I'm really loving making them!I'm also attempting to repaint the kitchen... of course that SOUNDS easy but it has included scraping wallpaper, scraping wallpaper GLUE, removing a built-in desk, and chiseling out tiles and parts of the wall. Crazy! Hopefully I will actually get it done by the end of the month - we'll see! It would be great to at least have ONE room that wasn't beige!

No comments:

Post a Comment